Friday, June 5th
Bentley University, Waltham MA
9:00am – 6:30pm
Filmmakers Collaborative is proud to present Making Media Now 2009, a full-day conference for film and media makers of every skill level. Held at Waltham’s Bentley University, Making Media Now 2009 will continue its tradition of providing the New England film and video community with the latest information and workshops around media making. Participants will have access to leading national industry experts, demonstrations of the latest products and services, and the opportunity to network with colleagues from around the region.
Special keynote speaker Robert Greenwald (Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price, Iraq for Sale, Outfoxed and Rethink Afghanistan), will kick off the event, discussing his innovative methods of marketing and distribution.
Our panels will feature:
• Marketing and Outreach Strategies
• Web 2.0: Engage Your Audience Using the Web
• Creative Funding Case Studies – Models that Work
• Shooting & Post Production with the Red Camera
• Going Global: International Co-productions & Marketing
• Habits of Successful Media Makers
• Tips & Pitfalls for Starting Your Film Business
• Pitch and Trailer Feedback Session
• Sandi Dubowski, filmmaker (Trembling Before G-d and A Jihad for Love)
• Doug Block, filmmaker (51 Birch St., Home Page and The Heck With Hollywood!)
• Jim Jermanok, producer/writer (Agganis, Passionada, Em)
• Karen Laverty, Nova/WGBH
• Andy Carvin, National Public Radio
• Ruby Lerner, Creative Capital
• Sheila Leddy, The Fledgling Fund
• Alyce Myatt, Grantmakers in Film + Electronic Media
• Courtney Babin, National Boston
• Stephen Baldwin, National Boston
• John Rule, Rule Broadcast/Boston Camera
• Dan Cronin, National Boston
• Tom Koch, PBS Distribution
• Bestor Cram, Northern Light Productions
• Nancy Porter, filmmaker
• Joel Olicker, co-owner, Powderhouse Productions
• Carol Benintendi, CPA
• Tracy Strain, Co-Owner, The Film Posse, Inc.
• Robert Tedesco, Attorney
• Sandra Forman, Attorney
Making Media Now 2009 will also offer the opportunity for attendees to participate in one-on-one consultations with national media experts on international co-production, funding, story structure, legal issues, and tax credits, among other topics.
Registration is $145. We have a discounted rate of $65 for students with valid IDs.
More information, a full schedule, speakers’ bios, and registration are all available now at www.filmmakerscollab.org
For more information, contact Filmmakers Collaborative – 781-647-1102 or email@example.com