The Group Effort Initiative (GEI) exists to create a pipeline for members of the BIPOC and other marginalized communities to get real experience towards a lasting career within the entertainment industry.
The Group Effort Initiative is looking to match individuals from underrepresented communities with opportunities to work as production assistants on the production team for an untitled feature for Apple, which will be filming in Boston, MA, this summer. We want to provide an opportunity for candidates to have an experience working in the entertainment industry that can open doors and lead to future employment by widening their professional networks. All candidates who meet the eligibility criteria outlined in this job description are encouraged to apply.
Interview Type: One-Way Interview
Due by: Monday, May 24, 2021, 6:00 AM EDT
Job Title: Production Assistant – Various Departments – Boston, Mass
Location: Boston, MA, USA
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Available to work full-time from May/June 2021 through end of October 2021 (some positions can be flexible on the end date)
- 18+ Years of Age
- Demonstrated interest in establishing a career in on-set film production
- Have a valid driver’s license and unrestricted access to a reliable car and/or be comfortable driving a production provided rental car.
- Must be based within a 50-mile radius of Boston, MA
- We are hoping to find strong candidates for placement in the Costume, Production, Camera, Assistant Director, and Set Decoration departments as production assistants.
- The specific responsibilities will depend per department, but will range from general assisting to specialized projects. Some tasks may include: building production calendars, organizing department equipment, maintaining department specific paperwork and production documents, note taking during meetings, arranging department lunches, research projects, scheduling meetings.
- Due to risks associated with COVID-19, on-set time will be limited and strict adherence to COVID Safety Protocols will be required (e.g., masks required at all times, COVID-19 tests will be administered regularly, etc.).
- All production assistants will be paid.
For more information on GEI, visit their website today!