FEBRUARY 14, 2022 – MARCH 15, 2022
The Sundance Institute and Adobe are teaming up to find the next 10 Sundance Ignite x Adobe Fellows—emerging filmmakers (ages 18 to 25) who are creating stories that bring their passion, voice, and perspective to life. To choose this year’s fellows, we’re holding a short film challenge, asking filmmakers to submit a one- to 15-minute short that shows us their artistic vision and unique voice. Submissions aren’t limited to any genre or topic — the only requirement is that they represent the filmmaker’s perspective as an artist. You will also include materials in support of a new project that you intend to work on throughout the fellowship.
The Sundance Ignite program identifies and supports new voices and talent from the next generation of filmmakers by providing artistic and professional development to advance filmmakers to the next stage in their filmmaking. The yearlong Sundance Ignite x Adobe Fellowship is open to emerging documentary and fiction filmmakers between ages 18 and 25. The fellowship begins with a weeklong digital lab orienting filmmakers to the fellowship and year ahead. Throughout the year, filmmakers will:
- Work with a Sundance Institute alumni mentor
- Receive a $2,000 artist grant, supported by Adobe and Arison Arts Foundation
- Participate as a cohort in monthly webinars, workshops and workshares throughout the year
- Receive a complimentary Adobe Creative Cloud membership, where Creative Cloud is available
For advice from Sundance advisors for crafting your submission, check out the many Ignite Resources on Sundance Co//ab.
- One entry per person
- Films submitted must be under 15 minutes long (including credits) and must have been made on or after March 15, 2021
- Accepted video file formats: AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, or MPEG-2
Note: If you choose to upload a .MOV file, make sure that it is not using the Apple ProRes compression. We do not support reading Apple ProRes files or raw camera formats like ARRI and RED at this time.
- An active project is required for the fellowship, however there is no obligation or expectation to complete the project during the fellowship
- Materials supporting a project that you intend to work on throughout the yearlong fellowship. These can include lookbooks, five pages of a script, treatments and pitch decks. Note: Materials must be in a PDF format
- The deadline to submit is March 15, 2022, at 11 a.m. PT
Sundance Ignite is supported by Adobe and Arison Arts Foundation.