If you would like to share upcoming calls with the MA film community, please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: Most recent on top)
TELLING OUR STORIES FILM COMPETITION!
The Telling Our Stories film competition is open for submissions through October 29, 2020. Designed to elevate short films by female filmmakers of color, narrative or documentary, the TOS contest highlights themes relevant to womanhood, community, and representation.
These shorts will be evaluated by industry professionals, competing for one of six finalist spots. The short films of the six finalists will receive distribution on STARZ, recognition at the Power Women Summit, and the chance to compete for the winning prize of $10,000.
Submissions are now open – click the button below to submit now!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 29, 2020
– Films may be documentary or narrative
– Film must have a running time of 10 minutes or less
– Entries over 10 minutes in length will be disqualified
– Directors must be women or gender non-conforming
– Subject matter must highlight womanhood, community, and/or representation of underheard voices in the mainstream
– Submissions may have previously played at film festivals, but are ineligible if they screened on U.S. network or
cable television, or were distributed to theaters
– All selected finalists must upload their final films by November 15, 2020
– All selected finalists may need to remove their films from video platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) to be eligible for
distribution on Starz
– All foreign-language films must be subtitled in English if selected as a finalist
Still Rolling Initiative
The Still Rolling Initiative was started to support the freelance production community. When sports, movies, and tv shows around the world stopped, so did the entire workforce. We are all feeling the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are looking to help those in our community who are hurting the most.
To learn more visit: www.stillrolling.org/