Permit Overview

For access to any facilities, roads, parks, or other potential locations which are owned or controlled by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, inquiries should be made directly to the Massachusetts Film Office. All other permitting is handled locally by the individual jurisdictions. When you know which cities and/or towns you will be filming in, you should make your inquiries directly to the contact people listed below. Generally, you will be dealing with a representative from either the mayor’s office, or the Board of Selectmen. The Town Administrator is a common contact person for larger towns. The earlier you reach out to them, the better. Smaller towns may take longer if the proposed location(s) need to be put on the town meeting agenda for approval.

Click on the first letter for more information.
Towns A-C
Towns D-F
Towns G-L
Towns M-P
Towns Q-T
Towns U-Z



Share to