NOTE: The Massachusetts Film Office (MFO) provides this information solely as a convenience and does not recommend or endorse any of the individuals or companies listed within these casting calls. Users should conduct their own evaluations and due diligence. While a reasonable effort is made to keep this information accurate and up-to-date, the MFO does not certify the authenticity of information that originates from third parties. The MFO assumes no liability for any actions taken or omissions made from reliance on any information contained herein from whatever source, nor shall the MFO be liable for any consequences from any such reliance. The MFO explicitly reserves the right to omit/delete information. The MFO will make a reasonable effort to correct errors and omissions that are brought to its attention, and it welcomes all parties to inform it of possible errors and omissions
( Most recent on top)
Production Information: PA needed for Art Department
Production Type: Feature
Details: Production Assistance needed in the Art Department for the film The Storied Life of AJ Fikry on Tuesday, November 30 and Wednesday December 1.
PAY: Guaranteed 12 hour days for two days. $13.50/hour. Hotel room in Hyannis for one night.
Contact Information: If interested, please send a resume to Rorybrett@theoracle.com.
Production Information: Documentary film looking for Camera Operator
Production Type: Documentary
Details: WIFVNE Member Jessica Hankey is seeking a camera operator for 2-4 days of shooting on Amtrak trains. This is a paid position.
• DATE: Flexible dates in November, December, or January
• LOCATION: Flexible—this is filming on Amtrak trains, so involves some short-distance travel. Ideal departure cities are Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, New Orleans, or Albuquerque.
• PAY: Commensurate with experience; maximum 8-hour day.
• EQUIPMENT will be supplied—for the sake of continuity, we’ll use Canon 5D Mark ii to match previous footage.
COVID Info: Please be vaccinated. Precautions will be taken regarding COVID in terms of masks and social distancing.
Contact Information: If interested, please send a reel and (optional) CV to email@example.com
Production Information: Documentary film looking for Videographer and Video Editor
Production Type: Documentary
Details: A non-profit with a mission to improve the lives of children and families worldwide is behind an upcoming documentary. Adopted mixed race woman (Black/Asian) traces her 94 year old white German, WWII Veteran and MBA father’s career and life as she fulfills his wish to scatter his ashes at the Firestone Plantation where he worked in Liberia, Africa in 1953. Along the journey she discovers her ancestral roots include being Liberian. The story highlights a father’s indefatigable commitment to his family and for the betterment of others. The father and daughter are unconditionally aligned in values and beliefs which motivates her to share her father’s legacy with the next generation of vthe world and create a leadership scholarship & award in his name. An unbelievable human-interest story that reveals how a white father can instill the gift of humanity and an inclusionary mindset to his black daughter. The film explores how the daughter’s white diversity influences how she coped with the racial, social and civil landscape of the last two years.
• DATE: 2022 – Up to 10 dates in July (domestic USA) and up to 10 dates (International) Additional date, possibly, later for snow in Glenwood, NY and Maine
• POSITION(S) NEEDED: • Videographer and Video Editor (Can be the same person if the candidate has the experience) and Documentary Filmmaker
• EXPERIENCE LEVEL & PROFESSIONAL TRAITS: Each position must have documentary filmmaker experience, documentary videographer experience and video editing experience. Please indicate if you have experience to do more than one position. Professional Traits: Collaborator, Knowledgeable in their craft, Detail Oriented, Flexible, Innovative, Strong Communicator, Thought Leader, Has Social and Cultural IQ, Works with integrity, Reliable/Dependable, Works in excellence or strives for it, travels neat, respectful to all travel and service workers, representatives, management and facilities we encounter. Must apply common sense, be social and naturally kind and friendly. Must be respectful of any sponsors attached to the project. Candidates have a positive energy and see the value in all people. Has a goal to use talents, skills, expertise and passion to make a difference to people and the world. Interest of or previous experience with leading a multicultural project. A great opportunity for the next generation documentary film maker who want to make their imprint on the world stage.
• LOCATION(S): Coral Gables, FL, Worcester, MA, Cleveland, Glenwood, Champlain, Plattsburgh, Westchester/ NYC, NY, Chicago, IL, Ohio and Northern and Coastal Maine (Caribou, Houlton, E. Grand Lake, Jonesport, Ft. Fairfield) International: Liberia and Vietnam
• PAY: Seeking candidates who will accept all travel paid and a small stipend. If not a volunteer, please include a salary with the resume. The nonprofit will give preference to artists who see the value in the project to negotiate professional fees for great exposure to be part of an incredible human-interest story that will make immeasurable social impact to hopefully improve the world for the betterment of others. Funding is being sought for this project, so clear fees are requested so the non-profit can budget accordingly.
• EQUIPMENT Candidate must provide all equipment to film and/or edit the project, post-production to completion with the subject
COVID Info: All lawful COVID mandates and protocols must be adhered to with every US region or country visited. Due to necessary of close air, train and car travel and interviews with several subjects in the story. The access to some of the subject’s family may include people with compromised health systems including over 80-90 years of age. COVID vaccinations strongly preferred.
Contact Information: If interested, fax resumes and cover letters to: 1-877-560-8427. Deadline for submission is December 1st, 2021.
Candidates of interest will receive an email response, request for sample documentary work and then Zoom introduction and interview. For confidentiality, we only will accept resumes of interest via fax contact listed: 1-877-560-8427.
Note: If you would like to share upcoming crew calls with the MA film community, please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org