Submitting the best possible images of your property is a great way to garner attention within our location library. Please read the following tips below to help you.
Get/use a digital camera.
Though we are looking for high quality images, you don’t need to go out and buy a large expensive professional camera. Use what you have. Most point and shoot digital cameras on the market today will work just fine.
File Size, File Type & Limits
The maximum file size of each photo should not exceed 5MB. ALL images should be saved and uploaded as JPEG files. You will only be able to submit 20 images of your property, make sure they count!
What You Should Photograph
Filmmakers, location managers and scouts are looking for interesting and unique locations. They only have a short time to look at these photos and need to be able to get the overall aesthetic of the property. The images of your property should include:
1 – establishing shot of the front of your property
1 – establishing shot of the back of your property
1 – establishing shot of your street
• Take these images in wide angle or landscape view. This may be best achieved by taking the picture across the street from your property. Try to make sure you take the picture when cars aren’t passing through and avoid things like trees or shrubs that may obstruct the view.
4-5– shots of the main rooms (dining room, kitchen, living room, master bedroom), 1-2 of each room
• Take these images in landscape view or wide angle. This may be best captured by taking the picture from one corner of the room and then the other. Try to make sure you get the whole room in the frame.
• Consider the time of day and weather. Don’t take pictures when it’s too dark or light outside.
DISTINCT EXTERIOR/INTERIOR FEATURES
3-4– shots of unique features of the property
These should be photos of features that are unique to your property
(i.e. extra building or land, a full basketball/tennis court, etc.)
• You want to showcase these features, they set your property apart from the next one.
• If you have more than one property, please submit information and photos for each separately.
• Make sure ALL images are current. Older photos that have been converted to digital files tend to be grainy.
• Be sure to title each photo (i.e. Kitchen, Bathroom, Front of house, etc.)
• Do not take or submit overly detailed photos. We don’t need to see the decorative details of a fireplace. You should capture the overall aesthetic of the room.
• Consider the time of day and weather. Don’t take pictures when it’s too dark or light outside or during inclement weather.
To submit your property:
(Please download, complete and save this form. Upload it and send with your images.)
(Please print and complete this form. Scan and upload it with your images.)